Kenya Women Microfinance Bank (KWFT) was established in 1981 to offer financial and non-financial services to low and middle income women and their families gradually uplifting them out of poverty and ellavating them to improved living standards.
With 80% of KWFT’s clients residing in the rural areas, the Institution has made a deliberate effort to reduce inequalities and enhance financial inclusion.KWFT serves over 800,000 customers within a network of 230 branches spread in 45 out of 47 Counties in Kenya.
KWFT is committed to drive financial inclusion through various initiatives to alleviate poverty thus has adopted a Triple Bottom Line Approach where it focuses on the products ability to transform the customers’ lives (People), their impact on the environment (Planet) as well as ability to generate returns sustainably (Profit).
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: General Manager Marketing,Communications and Innovation
Overall Job Purpose
The Research and Innovations Manager will be responsible for ensuring the Institution meets its objectives for research and development of innovative and competitive products and services as well as improving existing ones.Key Responsibilities
- Plan and conduct research, needs assessment as well as surveys.
- Collect, search, analyze, select and nurture new ideas from varied sources on product offering at the Institution and make strategic recommendations to Management.
- Trend Analysis by gathering and analyzing of competitive market intelligence information & data within the financial industry and providing insights to Management for decision making.
- Development, piloting and launch of new products/ services/ processes.
- Developing reports, presentations and training materials to support business.
- Product Training.
- Responsible for continuous improvements of existing products/ services within the product lifecycle
- Monitoring and Evaluation of different projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree preferably in Statistics and/ or Business. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Research and Product Development within the financial industry in Kenya.
- Competencies and experience in the use of statistical programs such as SPSS is desirable
- Proficient in ability to analyse, interpret and communicate data and financial information.
- Team player with demonstrated work ethics, integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communications skills (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- Proactive, assertive, self-motivated and possess great analytical skills
- Attention to detail and flexible to travel countywide.
August 2021. Clearly state the job title on the subjected heading. KWFT is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity.
Please note; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.