KWFT once again participated in the annual Nairobi International Trade Fair which commenced on 1st Oct 2018 to 7th Oct 2018 at the Jamhuri Park in Nairobi. The event was well attended by thousands of show goers and it attracted over 300 exhibitors both local and international players in diverse industries.
The Nairobi show was officially opened on Thursday by His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta who visited various stands and made a key note speech on his commitment towards supporting agriculture.
The show was also graced by several guests as follows:
- The Nairobi Governor His Excellency Mike Mbuvi Sonko who was the chief guest on Wednesday and who also visited our stand. He was received and taken round the stand by GM, Marketing & Communications, Juliana Wanjiru in the company of GM, Nairobi Zone, Charity Kabiru, Regional Managers Samuel Chege and Wilson Ikua and Senior Manager - Product Sales Albert Bundi. The Governor commended the Institution for the great work we are doing to transform the nation.
- The Deputy President William Ruto who was the chief guest on Friday and who presented a trophy to the Institution for the Best Micro- Financial Institution Stand award.
- The Kenya Forest Service Chairman Peter Kinyua, who was the chief guest on Saturday and who also presented the Institution with a trophy for the Stand That Best Interprets the Current Show Theme (Non Agro Financial Industry) award.
KWFT is cognizant that embracing innovation and technology is key especially on fostering economic growth as it can help address various challenges such as in food production, the health sector, manufacturing and in providing affordable housing just to mention a few. These portfolios have seen KWFT acknowledged for its tremendous social mission. The awards include:
- Best Micro- Financial Institution Stand – Position 1
- Stand That Best Interprets The Current Show Theme (Non Agro Financial Industry) – Position 1
- Best in Youth Activities, Empowerment and Capacity Building – Position 2
- Best Innovation and Invention Stand – Position 3
- Stand That Best Interprets The Current Show Theme – Position 3
The KWFT stand was outstanding and it attracted a huge number of people who visited to make enquiries on the diverse and unique products offered by the Institution on display. These included the following; a tractor, chaff cutters, milking machine, multipurpose motorbike, egg incubators, gran silo, poultry cage, solar water heater, pick-up and a solar water pumping machine. There was also a live demo on display which included: a demo garden with drip lines, poultry farming, aquaculture, apiculture, nyumba smart, solar TV and lanterns, jiko okoa, kuni okoa and the jiko kisasa pawa.
KWFT remains committed to support the Agri sector to ensure food security at the households as well as to help increase income and productivity, which is important to fighting poverty and uplifting lives.